Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Kids are amazing!

Okay, so today at work I was in the Pre-K class for a bit. These kids will begin kindergarten in about a week and a half. There is one boy in this class who is severely ADD. In the extreme. If you have ever worked with an ADD child, you know it may seem like nothing you say ever gets through and you wonder if they ever learn anything, but you also know that they are incredibly brillant children. So we were working on phonics today and I was saying a word and the kids were telling me what it started with. So after about ten minutes, during which this child has said next to nothing, I say "Popcorn". I hear random "p's" from the group and he pops up from laying on the floor and says "p-o-p-c-o-r-n" so fast that it takes me awhile to process what he says. I was amazed and in awe. I was so incredibly proud of him. It was so great. It made all the trying times and experiences completely worth it.
I just finished doing pilates with a friend. I love the time to talk and hang out and get in a workout. Tonight we ended up talking about weddings...she is having some drama w/ her ex-fiance and is sorta dating someone....anyway. For all of those guys out there, girls really do dream about their perfect wedding from the time they are five. So we had the "wedding plans" talk. That talk always leaves me with a longing to be held. I am looking forward to that. To being loved unconditionally. To being cherished. To being esteemed, admired and desired. Anyway, no pity party here. Just sharing some thoughts.
I need to go get a shower so I can recover from pilates and get ready for bed. I hope you have the sweetest dreams. :)

No comments: