Sunday, May 13, 2007

Thankfulness!!

I love that I can now check my email at home once again. I don't have to find someone whose Internet I can use or go to some random place solely because they have wireless. This is great. This is especially great since I am taking a class online this may-mester. Not to mention the fact that I am doing my stuff for work at home on my computer. I am so thankful that God has pulled this all together. I spent all day Thursday and Friday telling him how thankful I am for how I have seen him pull things together in the last week. All of the things that have come together were totally from him. I could never have done all this. If you have been around me much lately, you know that the last two weeks of school were...um, well, just really stinky. I was beginning to wonder if I could make it through the summer. I am finally out of my old apartment and that situation and I am at my new job!! I have loved seeing him provide when I was sure that things would not work out. I hate that I have so little faith sometimes. At the beginning of the semester in Her Hands, Heather talked about Matthew 8:23-27. Why are we so quick to forget what we learn? I knew in my heart, that "God was in my boat" RESTING because he is so in control of the situation. Hello!!! Why don't I cling to this more often? Why do I choose to pick up the sinful mantle of worry? It is such a waste. It is so good to see him come through, even when I am the one with "little faith".
Jeremiah 29 is probably one of my most favorite chapters in the whole Bible. The whole chapter is a beautiful picture of a loving Father making plans to provide for his children. To meet their needs even though they had repeatedly fallen short. When they had messed up so badly that they had to be EXILED, He still had a plan for them. I am sure you all know verse 11, but I love what comes after that.
  • "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me,and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you" , declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,"declares the Lord,"and will bring you back into the place from which I carried you into exile."

My number one goal is to be seeking Him with all my heart. I want to look more and more like Him everyday. I love that even though I am faulty and sinful and will always fall short, He continues to refine me and mold me into what he created me to be. I love that as long as I am seeking Him with my whole heart, he will keep showing me himself. I am so thankful. What a great God we have!

I also want to take a minute to say thank you to the Proverbs 31 women in my life. You will never know how many times DAILY I thank God for you. You are a blessing. I am so glad I get to learn from you.

No comments: