Friday, June 15, 2007

Gotta love it!!

I can't say it enough, I love rain. It is amazing. It reminds me of God's goodness and His forgiveness. Rain makes everything clean. And it is so great to listen to. I can't imagine how excited Noah must have been about the first rain. I am sure he felt remorse over the fact the everyone was going to die b/c of their sin, but he was probably pretty excited about the rain. Think about it. He had a great boat, and he had never seen rain before. I bet after he got his family and his animals into the ark and shut the door, they just laid by an open window and listened to the rain beating against the boat and reveled in it.

Anyway, all this rain has made me think about the things that I love so much that bring out the inner child in me, so I thought I would make a list.


  1. Rain
  2. The Christmas Season, especially the lights
  3. School Supplies and the beginning of school in the fall
  4. Fireworks
  5. Snow
  6. Snuggling up in bed with warm blankets and comfy pillows

On the other side of things, I had one of those moments the other day when I thought "I can't possibly be old enough to be grown up." I still feel like I should be in high school, thank goodness I am not. So this is a list of things that make me feel "grown up".

  1. Looking at my wallet and seeing things like my drivers license that says I am no longer a minor, my checkbook, credit/debit cards and having a legitimate reason for these things.
  2. Having more than 1 key on my key ring...(do you remember the days when you carried a key chain that only held the key to your parent's house?)
  3. going to the mail box and finding, among other things, bills.
  4. Never having enough time to get everything done...according to Jenn and Heather, this will never get better....
  5. Watching things like the Little Mermaid that I was addicted to when I was little and realizing that they are 20 yrs. old.

Now you've read my lists I want to know what yours are!

1 comment:

Jennifer Bacak said...

A lot of things make me feel old...including you guys! But things that I love...rain is one of them, and it is thundering and storming as I type. Pretty cool. Christmas-I'm with you on that one! Church at LH. Each of my kids and the crazy things they say and do. My brilliant husband. blogs. Cobbler and ice cream. Getting in bed at 9:15 to watch Season 5 of Alias. Headed there right now.
Love you!
jenn