Thursday, September 27, 2007

Where HAS the time gone??

Okay, I have been saying for at least a month I need to do some posts about all the things that happened in August. It still hasn't happened....so, instead of doing several, I am going to smoosh them all into one quick post.


Okay, here we go. Topic number one. I had a wonderful girls weekend. Jess came down to spend the night and we had a great time. There was a scavenger hunt, a mysterious vanishing sign, cookies and not much sleep! It was great. I had a wonderful time hanging out with Jess and those of my roommates who can make it past 11:30 awake. (love you Julie!!) Here are some pics from the weekend. (Justus' party was that Saturday also!)


Picture of the the LH Cross from the scavenger hunt (great job Jess!!)

Picture of Sul Ross from the Scavenger hungPicture of the Century Tree at night!Sign Thieves!!Party Pics!!Item #2. I had a birthday!! Whoop!! It was great. My wonderful roomies made me a special supper, bought me my FAVORITE flowers, and my favorite dessert. It was wonderful!!! My best friend from home came down for a visit which was amazing. And I got to hang out with the amazing Bacaks on my birthday after the watermelon fellowship. How great!!! It was a wonderful birthday. Thank you so much to everyone that helped make it so special. I know LOTS of work went into it.


Item #3. We had a parasite party for Julie!! She finally got better after getting rid of the parasite thing she picked up in Nica. We had a GREAT party to celebrate!! See pics below.

Item #4. I changed my major. This was a huge ordeal for me. But things are good now!! I was a Pre-K through 4 education major. Now my major is Educational Human Resource Development. I love it!! I am taking business classes which are GREAT and I don't have to take calculus again, which is a huge provision from the Lord. I am horrible at calculus. I had honestly taken it FIVE times and still couldn't get the C Elem. Edu. majors are required to have. With my new major the 5 D's I had earned were more than sufficient. I wish I had known this was an option YEARS ago, because if I had, I would have started out in this major, and I would still have the 3.75 GPR I had before I starting taking calculus so many times. If anyone has questions about this I would love to answer them. Now, instead of doing what would be basically two semesters of student teaching, I will do a ONE semester internship. I can do this internship ANYWHERE. Crazy huh? So now I am praying about where I need to be next fall to do the internship. We'll see what happens!!

So that is a recap of my August. I hope I didn't overwhelm you!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Bacak said...

So many good things! We love you!
jenn