Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Five Years

So today is five years since my Grandfather died of cancer. I can not believe that it has been five years. At first it seemed like I just hadn't seen him in awhile be he would come over soon. Now, it isn't like I have forgotten him, but it is more like he isn't missing from my life anymore. Like my life has been rearranged and restructured and the gap is gone.(or at least made more easily hidden. It is hard to believe it has been five years. I still can't wrap my mind around it...

Today in class we talked about professionalism. Let me tell you, it seems like it get from all sides 24-7. For those of you out there who don't think that teachers are professionals or that professionalism is part of being and educator, you are way out of the loop. I would argue that teachers are required to be more professional than any other profession. Teachers must be so professional that it must be part of their persona. It has to become part of who they are. They must be professional all the time, not just during office hours. As a teacher every thing you do is scrutinized. There is always the possibility that someone who knows you is watching. It is a very large responsibility.....Anyway, I have to get back to class. Have a great day. :)

No comments: