Wednesday, September 06, 2006

why I love Boston...

One of my friends just asked my what it is about Boston that I love so much. I thought this was a very good question, and put a lot of thought into my response. I wanted to share it with you.

i love the atmosphere the attitude of the city...have you ever heard my story about when i came to visit A&M? I knew immediately that this was where I belong, where I needed to be. I had a total and complete peace. It was just right. I have only had that feeling with such absolute certainty 4 times in my life. You just know, without a doubt, that is where you are supposed to be. When I was in Boston, it was like I finally got home, after twenty years, I was finally home. It was so right. You know how when you go on vacation you love it and you have a great time, but the last night you are like "i can't wait to get home and sleep in MY bed!" And when you get home, it is just sooo nice to be home, not because vacation was bad, because it was great, it is just so good to be home. That is what boston is for me. It is like coming home.

I can not fully explain in words what Boston is to me, but this is about as close as it comes. This is me getting about as real as it gets.

No comments: