Tuesday, September 26, 2006

One year...

One year ago today, I woke up at 5:30, quickly dressed and drove to the airport with my parents. I got on the plane, excited that, at the age of 20, I was flying for the first time. I was excited about the week I would be away from school, the week I would have a break. I got to have a vacation/happy 20th birthday trip. Little did I realize over the 3 hours and 45 minutes that I was on that plane, that my life was about to change. I got on the plane with the mindset that I would never want to live anywhere but the Dallas metroplex....When I got back on the plane a week later, all I could think was I want to live here...in Boston. It was amazing...From the moment I stepped off the plane in Logan, I felt completely at home, relaxed, comfortable. Walking around town I was at home...I was a tourist, but I didn't so much feel like one. I felt like I had some time off at home. Like I had a few days off of work...It was amazing. I can't tell you how many times I said to myself, as I walked around alone, i can see me living here...It was so me. So I must say, that I am sad that it has been an entire year since my trip, but at the same time I am not sad b/c I am one year closer to living there. I am one year closer to being back there again, before I move there. It makes me sad that when I am there again more than a year will have passed since I was there last. It is almost like being away from family for a whole year....

Have an amazing night...Sweet dreams...I know I will be dreaming about Boston...

No comments: