Wednesday, January 31, 2007

...

So, this week God has been reminding me that my life cannot be about me. It has to be ALL about HIM. I am called to be his obedient child. I am to obey with a joyful heart. He has reminded me that DELAYED OBEDIENCE is still DISOBEDIENCE. I am thankful that He has been using his word to "judge the thoughts and attitudes of the (my) heart. " I pray that he will continue to "uncover and lay bare" the things in my life that don't bring Him glory, that I do for my edification, to honor and please myself. I am praying that this semester, I will be prepared and transformed for God's call on my life. I am so thankful that we have a merciful God who intercedes for us, and wants to transform us. That he does not leave us to our own devices to find the way in life. I am thankful that his word is living and active and that his spirit is alive within me.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverence the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:1-3

No comments: