Saturday, February 10, 2007

So true...

"For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body."
2 Corinthians 4:11

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
2 Corinthians 4:16

"If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."
Galatians 1:10

Obedience. God has been training me in this. In the past, when I heard this word, I conjured a very narrow definition of the word in my mind. God has shown me that it is not enought to obey, I must obey with a joyful heart. I must continually die to the sin in my life, so that I may be renewed.I think now I am supposed to learn about living in obedience by faith...

"Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then I will be BLAMELESS, innocent of great transgression. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,O Lord, my Rock and Redeemer."
Psalms 19:12-14

"Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my inquity, I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord' - and you forgave the guilty of my sin."
Psalm 32:5

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."
Psalm 32:8

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and MY HOPE IS IN YOU All DAY LONG."
Psalm 25:4&5
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -his good,pleasing and perfect will."
Romans 12:2

I have been amazed at what God has been teaching me. I am thankful that when I am hurting or struggling, I can go to His word and find my foundation. I love that I can always go to the stronghold of my life and find comfort and strength. What a blessing.

No comments: